Purina Accuration Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block
Purina Accuration Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block is a premium, weather-resistant, protein block with fat. It contains added vitamins and minerals to balance nutrient deficiencies in fair quality forages. Designed specifically for sheep and goats, Purina’s Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block provides convenience and peace of mind for you and your entire herd.
Our unique formula provides a high level of fat, while at the same time does not contain any added copper. Purina’s proprietary Accuration technology helps support year-round sustained nutrition. As a result, you have a trusted Purina product that will help achieve your objectives.
ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block – Feeding Tips For Best Results
- Consumption of ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block should be approximately 0.5 to 1.0 pound per head per day for sheep and goats.
(depending on quality and quantity of forage.)
- Provide one 200-pound block for each 25 to 40 head of sheep/goats.
- Several weeks prior to, and during feeding of ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block, provide a good quality mineral supplement that contains phosphorus.
- Adequate forage should be provided at all times.
- Prior to introducing the blocks, animals should be accustomed to high-forage diets.
- Do not offer ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block in fields where crops are grown that are known to contain high levels of urease enzyme such as soybeans or in conjunction with other NPN containing feeds.
- Feed blocks near the area where animals loaf and/or a water source.
- In large pastures, blocks should be available in more than one location.
- If animals run out of blocks, observe them closely for three days to prevent over consumption after re-feeding.
- Provide an unlimited supply of clean fresh water.
Shop for sheep and goat feed and supplies like Purina Accuration Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block and more at H&S Feed & Country Store in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Have Questions? Be sure to contact us. An expert member of our staff will help you find the best livestock for your herd.