Try a new take on your favorite summer fruit with this Grilled Watermelon Salad! Watermelon is grilled over high heat then tossed with feta cheese, english cucumbers, red onion and a lime juice dressing.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
SERVING: 4 people
1 small watermelon sliced
1/4 olive oil
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
2 whole lime juice
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 whole english cucumbers, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 whole red onion, sliced
8 ounce feta cheese
1 cup pea shoots
- When ready to cook, start your Traeger according to grill instructions. Turn temperature to 450 degrees F (set to 500 degrees F if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill) and preheat, lid closed, for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle watermelon slices with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place directly on the grill grate and cook 10 minutes or until grill marks develop. Remove from grill and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce and salt and pepper to taste. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- When watermelon is cool, remove the skin and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, cucumbers, red onion, feta and pea shoots. Pour in dressing and toss to coat.
- Adjust seasoning with additional salt and lime juice and serve. Enjoy!