Traegar Recipes: Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken. This one-pan recipe is a simple and easy way to master some delicious chicken. These chicken thighs and drums are marinated in a savory herb mixture, spiced with red pepper, roasted with carrots and onions and finished with fresh lime juice.
PREP TIME: 3 hours
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
1 Bunch cilantro
1 Bunch fresh parsley
1/4 Cup basil leaves
1/4 Cup fresh mint leaves
2 Clove garlic
1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 To Taste salt and pepper
3 Whole lime, juiced
5/8 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Pound chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)
1/2 Pound baby carrots with tops
1 Whole red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 To Taste lime juice
- In a blender combine cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, garlic, red pepper flake, salt pepper, lime juice and 1/2 cup olive oil and puree until smooth. Reserve some marinade for serving, and pour the remainder over chicken and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and spread on a sheet pan. Place sheet tray directly on the grill grate and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken begins to brown.
- Toss carrots and red onion with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Scatter on the sheet tray with the chicken and return to the grill.
- Cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until the carrots and onion have begun to brown and the internal temperature of the chicken registers 160℉ in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes until the internal temperature rises to 165℉.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of the reserved marinade.
In conclusion, ENJOY this delicious Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken! Click here to check out more of H&S Feed’s recipes.