Traegar Recipes: Italian Beef Sandwich. Sink your teeth into a beefy Italian sandwich that’s smothered in melted cheese. Juicy Traegered meat is stuffed between two thick-cut pieces of bread, and topped with giardiniera for one epic meal.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 3 hours
1 (4 lb) lean, boneless beef roast (sirloin or top round)
salt and pepper
Traeger Prime Rib Rub
4 Clove garlic, thinly sliced
6 Cup beef broth
8 hoagie rolls
6 Slices Swiss cheese
- 1 Cup bottled giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables), chopped
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 450°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Season the roast liberally with salt, pepper and Traeger Prime Rib Rub. Using a paring knife, make 10 to 15 slits in the roast every 1 inch or so. Insert a garlic clove into each slit.
- Place the roast directly on the grill grate and cook for about 1 hour, flipping halfway through until browned well.
- Remove the roast from the grill and transfer to a deep Dutch oven. Pour the beef broth over the roast. Cover tightly with foil and place back on the grill. Reduce the grill temperature to 300°F and cook the roast for 3 to 4 hours or until it is fork tender.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the grill. Shred roast, removing any large bits of fat or connective tissue. Transfer the meat back to the Dutch oven and stir to combine with the juices.
- Increase Traeger temperature to 500°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place hoagie rolls cut-side up on a small sheet tray. Fill with the shredded roast and top with a slice of cheese. Transfer to the grill and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill and top with chopped giardiniera. Serve with remaining cooking liquid for dipping if desired.
In conclusion, ENJOY this delicious Italian Beef Sandwich! Click here to check out more of H&S Feed’s recipes.