The beauty of this recipe is that it all cooks together in 10-12 minutes! Salmon is such a crowd-pleaser on the grill and is a perfect match for these spring vegetables with pesto. But how often do we focus on crispy salmon skin? This recipe cooks the salmon with the skin side up for a beautiful presentation for those who love the skin. And if you don’t care for it? No worries! Cook it skin-side down and it will still be beautiful. Check our Amanda Haas’s recipe.
- 6 (4 Oz Each) Salmon, Skin-On, Pin Bones Removed
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, Bottom Thirds Of Stalks Removed And Sliced Into 1 Inch Pieces On The Bias
- 1 Pound Sugar Snap Peas, Ends Trimmed And Sliced Into ½ Inch Pieces On The Bias
- 10 Ounce Cherry Tomatoes, Rinsed And Halved
- 2 Lemons, Halved
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Pesto
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- Fresh Basil Leaves, For Garnish
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 500°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. Place a piece of parchment paper on a large baking sheet or in a roasting pan.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towel. Brush all sides of the salmon with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper on all sides. Place the salmon pieces skin-side up on the sheet tray (or down if preferred) leaving 2 inches between each piece.
- Place the asparagus, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Gently mix the vegetables with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a fresh grinding of pepper. Scatter the vegetables evenly onto the sheet pan.
- Place the sheet pan on the grill. In addition, place the lemons cut-side down directly on the grill grate towards the front of the grill. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lemons from the grill and stir the vegetables. Close the lid and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 140°F and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove the sheet pan from the grill. Place the fish and vegetables on a serving platter and drizzle with the pesto. Squeeze the grilled lemon over the top of the fish and vegetables. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the fish and add a few basil leaves for garnish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!