This cheesy, smoky snack is the perfect party starter. Spicy pork sausage, chiles, and cream of mushroom soup are tossed with two types of cheese and smoked on the Traeger for one thick and delicious dip.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 8 people
- 1 Pound Hot Pork Sausage
- 1 (2 Lb) Block Velveeta Cheese
- 1 Pound Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1 (10 Oz) RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 1 (10 Oz) RO*TEL Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 1 (10.5 Oz) Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 4 Tablespoon Traeger Coffee Rub
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat and fully cook pork sausage, breaking into small chunks as you go. Remove the sausage and drain and discard the fat.
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 350°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Use a 4 to 5 quart cast iron Dutch oven or other oven safe dish. Divide the block of Velveeta into 5 to 6 large pieces and cut the smoked Gouda into small 1 inch cubes. Add the canned ingredients including the liquid. Add the sausage and Traeger Coffee Rub last.
- Smoke the queso for 45 minutes on the Traeger, stirring 3 to 4 times.
- Add most of the cilantro the last 5 minutes of smoking. Sprinkle remaining cilantro on the top before serving. Enjoy!